Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Richard Lewis <rt...@jabble.com> on 2003/10/13 23:41:15 UTC

Subversion and LaTeX

Hi

For accessing cvs/rcs keywords ($Date$, $Id$ etc) in LaTeX we have
rcs.sty.  Since this doesnt cope with the date format of subversion I
have written svn.sty to do just that.

you can download it from

<http://www.rtf.org.uk/Compsci/TeX/svn-r35.tar.gz>

Hope this is helpful

Richard.

Re: Subversion and LaTeX

Posted by Richard Lewis <rt...@jabble.com>.
kfogel@collab.net writes:

> Richard Lewis <rt...@jabble.com> writes:
>> For accessing cvs/rcs keywords ($Date$, $Id$ etc) in LaTeX we have
>> rcs.sty.  Since this doesnt cope with the date format of subversion I
>> have written svn.sty to do just that.
>>
>> you can download it from
>>
>> <http://www.rtf.org.uk/Compsci/TeX/svn-r35.tar.gz>
>
> Thank you!
>
> Is this sort of thing best kept in the Subversion distribution, or
> would a better home be the LaTeX distribution or some
> commonly-downloaded companion to it?

I don't know.  I have also uploaded it to CTAN (see eg
http://www.ctan.org/) which is the main LaTeX archive.  If you want to
put a copy in the Subversion repository as well then that's fine with
me.

incidentally there is also an alternative package called svninfo which
is based on rcsinfo.sty, whereas svn.sty is based on rcs.sty

Re: Subversion and LaTeX

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Richard Lewis <rt...@jabble.com> writes:
> For accessing cvs/rcs keywords ($Date$, $Id$ etc) in LaTeX we have
> rcs.sty.  Since this doesnt cope with the date format of subversion I
> have written svn.sty to do just that.
>
> you can download it from
>
> <http://www.rtf.org.uk/Compsci/TeX/svn-r35.tar.gz>

Thank you!

Is this sort of thing best kept in the Subversion distribution, or
would a better home be the LaTeX distribution or some
commonly-downloaded companion to it?

-K