Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Sonali Jadhav <so...@servercentralen.se> on 2016/04/06 16:20:26 UTC

LDAP integration with existing ACS users for authentication

Hi,

I am running ACS 4.8.0 .I have few domains and accounts and respective users. All these existing users are using internal cloudstack authentications. But I wanted to implement LDAP authentication for new users Or I was wondering if it's possible to have LDAP and cloudstack both authentications running ?
Or Do I have to move existing ones to LDAP first?
How I can proceed with it?

Actually we have developed our own external customer portal/billing system, so we wanted to integrate cloudstack into it, so it will be centralized authentication from LDAP system.

/sonali

RE: LDAP integration with existing ACS users for authentication

Posted by Suresh Sadhu <su...@accelerite.com>.
HI ,

No need  to move existing ones to LDAP. You can  have both.

Please read the below link:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/LDAP%3A+Trust+AD+and+Auto+Import

go through the flow diagrams .you will understand better:

regards
Sadhu
Chief Product Engineer, Accelerite
Suresh.sadhu@accelerite.com

I am running ACS 4.8.0 .I have few domains and accounts and respective users. All these existing users are using internal cloudstack authentications. But I wanted to implement LDAP authentication for new users Or I was wondering if it's possible to have LDAP and cloudstack both authentications running ?
Or Do I have to move existing ones to LDAP first?
How I can proceed with it?

Actually we have developed our own external customer portal/billing system, so we wanted to integrate cloudstack into it, so it will be centralized authentication from LDAP system.

/sonali

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property of Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.