Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jeffrey Janner <Je...@PolyDyne.com> on 2014/04/09 21:18:34 UTC

Temporary mitigation of Heartbleed?

Much as I loathe downgrading, would it be possible/advisable to downgrade the native libraries to 1.1.23 with Tomcat 7.0.50?
That version is the last to use a pre-1.0.1  version of OpenSSL (1.0.0g).
This could help us at least until we get a blessed version from the APR team?

Jeffrey Janner
Sr. Network Administrator
jeffrey.janner@polydyne.com<ma...@polydyne.com>
PolyDyne Software Inc.
Main:   512.343.9100
Direct:  512.583.8930

 [cid:image002.png@01CC0FB7.4FF43CE0]

Speed, Intelligence & Savings in Sourcing

Re: Temporary mitigation of Heartbleed?

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.

> Much as I loathe downgrading, would it be possible/advisable to downgrade the native libraries to 1.1.23 with Tomcat 7.0.50?

1. There is a minimum required version of TCNative for every Tomcat.
See constants in AprLifecycleListener source.
2. Old versions of OpenSSL have their own security issues.

Re: Temporary mitigation of Heartbleed?

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.