Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com> on 2015/07/06 17:05:23 UTC

IGNITE-1097: IgniteFuture.chain() unwraps exceptions incorrectly.

Igniters,

I noticed that IgniteFuture.chain() could loose exceptions. I created the
ticket https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-1097 with example of
lost EntryProcessorException.

It appears that the problem is caused by some very sophisticated magic we
do with exceptions when calling "chain()", "listen()", etc.

Looks pretty annoying to me as public API is affected. Can anyone look at
it?

Vladimir.

Re: IGNITE-1097: IgniteFuture.chain() unwraps exceptions incorrectly.

Posted by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com>.
No, initial EntryProcessorException is lost. Instead, root cause of this
exception is thrown. This is a bug somewhere inside our "convert" methods
for exceptions.

Posted by Yakov Zhdanov <yz...@gridgain.com>.