Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Stefan Pietschmann <de...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/22 09:11:50 UTC

request parameter with % is lost

Hi guys,

we're trying to send GET parameters with the request in our application.
This hasn't been a problem so far. I've written an action that outputs all
parameters from the request - see what happens:

http://localhost:8080/cocoon/..
<http://localhost:8080/cocoon/..%3csnip%3e..?Param1=noProblem&Param2=atAll>
<snip>..?Param1=noProblem&Param2=atAll')

Action says -->

Request Params: [Param2,Param1] #####

Request Parameter values:

Param2: noProblem

Param1: atAll

http://localhost:8080/cocoon/..
<http://localhost:8080/cocoon/..%3csnip%3e..?Param1=Blumentopf&Param2=Baum%2
5haus> <snip>..?Param1=Blumentopf&Param2=Baum%25haus')

Action says -->

Request Params: [Param1] #####

Request Parameter values:

Param1: Blumentopf

So basically everytime a parameter value contains an encoded percent sign
(%25) the param is totally lost - not only its content.

Why is that?

Thanx,

Stefan

Re: request parameter with % is lost

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be>.
Stefan Pietschmann wrote:

> http://localhost:8080/cocoon/..<snip>..?Param1=noProblem&Param2=atAll
> <http://localhost:8080/cocoon/..%3csnip%3e..?Param1=noProblem&Param2=atAll>')
>

> So basically everytime a parameter value contains an encoded percent
> sign (%25) the param is totally lost – not only its content.

Check your findings against core.log, set the loglevel to DEBUG so it
outputs the request parameters. I just tested this without probs so I
suspect it must be something with your action instead.

HTH
Jorg