Posted to l10n@couchdb.apache.org by Andy Wenk <an...@apache.org> on 2015/05/21 12:48:43 UTC

The status of translation activities

Hi dear translation team,

I would like to get an idea, where we are with our translation activities.
When viewing the progress at https://translate.apache.org/projects/CouchDB/
[1] we obviously still have a lot to do. So my questions are:

General

* are we able to include the translations into the docs (in 2.0)?

Translator specific

* are you actively translating?
* if not, what are the reasons?
* do you have any problems or questions regarding the tool or process?
* is the info at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Translation+Guide
helpful or do you miss anything?
* do you have any other questions or suggestions?

Thanks a lot for helping!

All the best

Andy

[1] https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2xXhdpvuHcGS3J5dTR5N3c0OXM&authuser=0
--
Andy Wenk
Hamburg - Germany

Re: The status of translation activities

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Razvan,

I am very sorry about not answering. I will add you as a translator asap
and will grab your email and will answer also asap.

Again, I am very sorry.

All the best Andy

Posted by Razvan Ionescu <io...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andi,

Posted by Robert Kowalski <ro...@kowalski.gd>.
Main reason for me to stop translating was that I am not able to see
my results, e.g. as part of the online docs.

I invested some time into the German translation and some subsections
are fully translated, but readers can't make use of it, as we don't
deliver it. As the status for that is not clear to me I stopped
submitting more translations, as I am afraid I am producing "waste"
(waste in terms of the Toyota way, short overview at [1]).

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Toyota_Way#Right_process_will_produce_right_results

Posted by Eric Ahn <by...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andy,

I'm getting to join the translation team for Korean. (
https://translate.apache.org/projects/CouchDB/)
Can I join?

Many thanks
Eric

Posted by higork <hi...@zoho.com>.
Hi Andy,

I'm Higor, responsible for the Brazilian Portuguese translation and I must say my part need some more time from me.

So, when the 2.0 will be released? Anyway I think there's so much to do that it will hardly be ready somewhere in the near future.

About the specific questions:

. yes, I am actively translating once or twice a month.
. I don't have any questions concerning the tool and/or the process, they both work fine for me.
. the documentation at the given link is very helpful indeed, worked well for me when I arrived here.
. by now I don't have any questions and/or suggestions

Thank you for the great opportunity!

Best regards,

Higor

---- On Thu, 21 May 2015 07:48:43 -0300 Andy Wenk&lt;andywenk@apache.org&gt; wrote ----