Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by "Andrea K." <ak...@alteanet.it> on 2007/06/15 11:02:09 UTC

Cluster Journal on Oracle DB

Hi all,
I'm using JR within a clustered app in Oracle DBD 10g.
A question: the journal table is automatically archived or there's a way to
archive 'old' records?

Thanks in advance.
Bye,
Andrea -

Re: Cluster Journal on Oracle DB

Posted by "Andrea K." <ak...@alteanet.it>.
Hi Dominique,
just another question.

 If I have:
 1. A clustered app
 2. 2 servers on the cluster with indexes aligned up to revision X

 Can I do this?
 1. Stop the 2 servers
 2. Delete each revision.log
 3. Purge Cluster Journal tables
 4. Start servers

 Indexes will be recalculated or not? I think no..

 What do you think about?

 Thanks.
 Bye.
 Andre -

Re: Cluster Journal on Oracle DB

Posted by "Andrea K." <ak...@alteanet.it>.
Great, all as I supposed to be.
Thanks a lot Dominique.

BR
Andrea -

Posted by Dominique Pfister <do...@day.com>.
Hi Andrea,

Posted by Dominique Pfister <do...@day.com>.
Hi Andrea,

Currently, the journal table is not archived. This allows to add new
nodes to the cluster that process all changes found in the journal
table and in that way automatically synchronize to the other nodes'
state on startup.

Kind regards
Dominique