Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Jason Gerlowski <ge...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/12 17:59:06 UTC

Deleting Blob from Blob Store

Hi all,

I've been playing around with Solr's Blob Store the last few days, and
am looking to delete a blob out of the Blob store.  Looking around a
bit, I couldn't find any sort of "delete" API for blobs (I mainly
looked at SOLR-6787, and
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Blob+Store+API).
There's mention of uploading, listing, and downloading blobs, but no
mention of deletion.

Does Solr support this (and I'm just looking in the wrong place), or
is there no way to delete blobs out of the store?  If there's not
currently a way, is this a feature people might be interested in if I
wanted to give it a shot?  I can create a JIRA for it if people think
it'd be useful.

This isn't a big deal either way, as I imagine I can just craft a
delete to the .system collection to do what I want, but it would be
nice if there was a cleaner/more-convenient API to use for this.

Thanks in advance for any direction that you all can provide.

Best,

Jason