Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu> on 2023/01/04 19:07:21 UTC

perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::GeoDB and MaxMind wooes

how to setup ASN plugin with it ?

currently i find that _ASNCIDR_ gives not cidr info with
GeoIPLite2-ASN.mmdb

is this a limit of Lite ?

Re: perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::GeoDB and MaxMind wooes

Posted by Henrik K <he...@hege.li>.
On Mon, Jan 09, 2023 at 07:16:00PM +0100, Benny Pedersen wrote:

> > If you need _ASNCIDR_ tag you have to switch to dns queries.
>
> is this still not possible with GeoIPLite2-ASN ?

Broken record?

There is no GeoIP API to query IP and get CIDR.  The database is mapping of
IP to AS string, nothing more.

How is the CIDR useful anyway?  Useless info which you can query manually
later if needed.

Re: perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::GeoDB and MaxMind wooes

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu>.
giovanni@paclan.it skrev den 2023-01-09 18:47:
> On 1/5/23 21:57, Benny Pedersen wrote:
>> giovanni@paclan.it skrev den 2023-01-05 11:25:
>>
>>> asn_lookup asn.routeviews.org _ASN_ _ASNCIDR_
>>> asn_lookup_ipv6 origin6.asn.cymru.com _ASN_ _ASNCIDR_
>>
>> is these 2 lines used for database lookup in GeoIPLite2-ASN at all ?
> those lines are used for dns ASN queries

good

>>> add_header all ASN _ASN_ _ASNCIDR_
>>
>> with dns this works, but with GeoIPLite2-ASN then _ASNCIDR_ is not a
>> valid cidr result :(
>>
>> hope developpers can find why with it
> GeoDB can only set _ASN_ tag,

okay

> it has no data for _ASNCIDR_.

half right :)

it have data, just not CIDR data

> If you need _ASNCIDR_ tag you have to switch to dns queries.

is this still not possible with GeoIPLite2-ASN ?

i have a sqlite db with ipv4 ipv6 asnv4 asnv6, not so complicated if
anyone make the perl module for it so i can finaly get stable data and
as it is now after spamassassin 4.x.x is out it have getting more in
need to not use dns anymore sadly, but i dont know if its just my server
or not

my sqlite is build from ip2location with requere atleast a license key,
just like GeoIP does, but ip2location is more good for spamassassin with
DB_File, works for RelayCountry now, just not ASN, is data not avail
here ?

the DB_File is created with IP::Country::DB_File

Posted by gi...@paclan.it.
On 1/5/23 21:57, Benny Pedersen wrote:
> giovanni@paclan.it skrev den 2023-01-05 11:25:
>
>> asn_lookup asn.routeviews.org _ASN_ _ASNCIDR_
>> asn_lookup_ipv6 origin6.asn.cymru.com _ASN_ _ASNCIDR_
>
> is these 2 lines used for database lookup in GeoIPLite2-ASN at all ?
those lines are used for dns ASN queries

>> add_header all ASN _ASN_ _ASNCIDR_
>
> with dns this works, but with GeoIPLite2-ASN then _ASNCIDR_ is not a valid cidr result :(
>
> hope developpers can find why with it
GeoDB can only set _ASN_ tag, it has no data for _ASNCIDR_.

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu>.

On 1/4/23 20:07, Benny Pedersen wrote:

> how to setup ASN plugin with it ?
>
> currently i find that _ASNCIDR_ gives not cidr info with GeoIPLite2-ASN.mmdb
>
> is this a limit of Lite ?
no, from Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::ASN :
GeoDB (GeoIP ASN) database lookups are supported since SpamAssassin 4.0 and it's recommended to use them instead of DNS queries,
unless "_ASNCIDR_" is needed.

To have _ASNCIDR_ tag you need to add to your config: