Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by lrmills <la...@argodata.com> on 2014/01/03 18:44:09 UTC

Using MSSqlPersistenceManager with credentials file instead of plaintext user/pass

I have been trying to setup jackrabbit to use the MSSqlPersistenceManager,
but due to security concerns it is not possible for me to hardcode a
plaintext username/password in the repository.xml file. For the rest of my
jdbc connections, I use a generated credentials file but this doesnt seem
possible with the MSSqlPersistenceManager.
Is there anyway to accomplish this?
The only work around I see would be to write a custom PersistenceManager
that would grab the file specified by jdbc.credentials.filename and pass it
to the MSSqlDriver.

Re: Using MSSqlPersistenceManager with credentials file instead of plaintext user/pass

Posted by Pontus Amberg <po...@gmail.com>.
I'm not sure this will help but Jackrabbit can use JNDI datasources [1]. I
know this works on for example JBoss [2] where Jackrabbit can use JNDI to
lookup a JBoss datasource configured with an encrypted [3] password.

/Pontus

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/UsingJNDIDataSource
[2] https://community.jboss.org/wiki/JackrabbitDeploymentInAS6AndAS7
[3]