Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by co...@abilsoft.com on 2003/04/24 18:17:37 UTC

CGIServlet

Hello:

I've recently started working with the
org.apache.catalina.servlets.CGIServlet.  I've built a simple
web app that use this CGIServlet to run viewcvs cgi's.  All
seems to be working with one pesky exception.  The viewcvs
cgis build html pages that have fully qualified references
to icons such as /icons/...  I've packaged these icons in
their appropriate directory structure within the war file, but
they still are not found since they don't follow the
convention webAppName/icons/...

By the way, I'm running on a JBoss container with embedded Catalina.

I'd appreciate any help you can provide.  Especially, is there a way to change the web document root within the web.xml, so that fully qualified icon references sucgs as /icons/... could be resolved to files contained within the appropriate dire structre within the war file?

Thanks,

Todd

Re: CGIServlet

Posted by Marc Chamberlin <ma...@easystreet.com>.
Todd, I may have answered your question in a posting I sent in just a couple days ago, especially if you are running under Linux.
Refer to the thread "Help! CGI unreliable under Tomcat", find my posting, and see if that answers your question in regards to the
expectations of the CGIServlet.

     Marc...