Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by sekaijin <je...@aphp.fr> on 2017/08/21 15:12:10 UTC

JpaComponent Fails on doStart

I'm trying to run JpaConsumer on servicemix 6
karaf 3.0.6 camel 2.16.2

The following features are installed

 the doStart of JpaComponent fails with the error:

camel-jpa feature (2.16.2) install  spring *3.2.14.RELEASE_1*
camel-jpa bundle import
org.springframework.orm.jpa;version="[3.2,5)",
org.springframework.transaction;version="[3.2,5)",
org.springframework.transaction.support;version="[3.2,5)"

This is consistent with the feature

but the source code of camel-jpa dépend on spring-orm *4.1.9.RELEASE*

Please, help me
A+JYT

Re: JpaComponent Fails on doStart

Posted by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Could you give us more details how to reproduce the problem? I assume you use ServiceMix 6.1.1. I could successfully install camel-jpa and openjpa features.

karaf@root>feature:install camel-jpa openjpa
Refreshing bundles org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-core (83), org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-context-support (88), org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-context (87)

There is also only one transaction bundle installed

karaf@root>list -t 0 | grep tx
138 | Active   |  30 | 3.2.14.RELEASE_1                   | Apache ServiceMix :: Bundles :: spring-tx

Kindly regards
Krzysztof

Krzysztof Sobkowiak (@ksobkowiak)

Re: JpaComponent Fails on doStart

Posted by Ranx <ra...@enjekt.org>.
Is there a reason to have both of the spring-tx bundles in there? I haven't
looked in the two Spring bundles you have listed here but my guess, based on
the "wrap" mention in the stack trace, is that the two bundles are not
created with OSGi manifests so you may be getting a race condition on
classloading. That's a wild ass guess so don't hold me to that. But first
I'd look to see if you need both of those spring transaction managers and
also look at the manifests in the jar/bundles to see if they are OSGi.

There's obviously a mismatch in the Aries bundle and the Spring Bundle that
is being used
org.apache.aries.transaction.internal.AriesPlatformTransactionManager to
org.springframework.transaction.PlatformTransactionManager

OSGi should be able to handle the different major versions but it appears
something is wrong in that regard.

spring-tx                               | 3.2.14.RELEASE_1 | x         |
spring-3.0.6                   | Spring 3.2.x Transaction (TX) support
spring-tx                               | 4.2.4.RELEASE_1  | x         |
spring-3.0.6