Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by ra...@tcs.com on 2005/05/18 09:21:52 UTC

Strange problem

> Hi Team,
>
>         Following is the code that i am using for generating PDF
> Content using FOP of Apache.
> When i have deployed this code on Windows machine and running from
> the
> same machine, i am getting a prompt whether to Open the PDF or Save
> the
> PDF (General Windows Feature........). Both Opening the PDF file at
> the
> current location and Saving the file to Local hard disk are working
> fine.
> But when i deployed the same code on Unix machine, and running it
> from
> Windows machine, again i am getting prompt for "OPEN / SAVE" . This
> time
> saving the file to local disk is working fine but i am unable to open
> the
> file in the current location for viewing. It is giving " File can not
> be
> opened " error. Is it the problem related to Operating System or can
>
> anything be done through code ? Please help me out.
>

>                         xslSourceName="newged.XSL";
>                                 String xslPath = "";
>                                 Source xmlSource = new
> StreamSource(new
> StringReader(xmlData));
>                                 Source xslSource = new
> StreamSource(request.getSession().getServletContext
().getResourceAsStream("/xsl/"+xslSourceName));

> request.getSession(false).getServletContext().getResourceAsStream
("/WEB-INF/"+xslSourceName));

>                         // Render with FOP
>                         ByteArrayOutputStream out = new
> ByteArrayOutputStream();
>                                 Driver driver = new Driver();
>
> driver.setRenderer(Driver.RENDER_PDF);
>                         driver.setOutputStream(out);
>
>                                // Do the transform and PDF rendering
>
> directly to the destination output stream.
>                                Result result = new
> StreamResult(out);
>                               TransformerFactory tf =
> TransformerFactory.newInstance();
>
>                                       Transformer transformer =
> tf.newTransformer(xslSource);
>
> transformer.transform(xmlSource, new
> SAXResult(driver.getContentHandler()));
>                                        byte[] content =
> out.toByteArray();
>

> response.setContentLength(content.length);
>
> response.getOutputStream().write(content);
>                               response.getOutputStream().flush();
>

> Thanks in Advance,
> Rajasekhar Cherukuri

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited.   If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you