Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Jamal BERRICH <jb...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/03 02:00:26 UTC

TabPane

Hello
       I'am creating a ui with pivot using Java (not xml).
       I'm searching to traduct this code in Java :
       <TabPane selectedIndex="-1" collapsible="true"
styles="{tabOrientation:'vertical'}"
                            tooltipText="Click a tab to expand/collapse">
                            <BoxPane styles="{horizontalAlignment:'center',
verticalAlignment:'center'}">
                                <TabPane.tabData>
                                    <content:ButtonData icon="@anchor.png"
text="Anchor"/>
                                </TabPane.tabData>
                                <Label text="Collapsible"/>
                            </BoxPane>
</TabPane>

I have this :
        TabPane tabPane = new TabPane();
        tabPane.setSelectedIndex(-1);
        tabPane.setCollapsed(true);
        tabPane.getStyles().put("tabOrientation", Orientation.VERTICAL);

can you help me please ?

Re: TabPane

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.
Are you importing org.apache.pivot.wtk.content.*?

Re: TabPane

Posted by Jamal BERRICH <jb...@gmail.com>.
I have doing that

Re: TabPane

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.
It is probably because you are trying to call setSelectedIndex() before adding any content to the tab pane.

Re: TabPane

Posted by Jamal BERRICH <jb...@gmail.com>.
i have this error :(

Re: TabPane

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.

Re: TabPane

Posted by Thomas Leclaire <ze...@gmail.com>.
2010/12/3 Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>

> While you can certainly create your UI this way, I am curious to know why
> you would prefer to do it "by hand" rather than using BXML. I know that a
> lot of developers have an aversion to XML, and this is (to some extent)
> justified - for many applications, XML is overly verbose, and something like
> JSON would be more appropriate. However, for UI construction, XML really is
> handy.

Hi!

I can see one major reason to use java code : in java, we have
auto-completion, in xml we don't.

If we are not familiar with the pivot framework, find name of arguments is
really not easy. At each time, I have to search in sources files to know
which parameters i can use, ...

I think that auto completion in xml will be a really important feature to
provide in order that Pivot community grows.

Regards,
Thomas

Re: TabPane

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.