Posted to user@flink.apache.org by shikhar <sh...@schmizz.net> on 2016/03/02 18:24:44 UTC

Re: Flink packaging makes life hard for SBT fat jar's

Hi Till,

I just tried creating an assembly with RC4:

```
  "org.apache.flink" %% "flink-clients" % flinkVersion % "provided",
  "org.apache.flink" %% "flink-streaming-scala" % flinkVersion % "provided",
  "org.apache.flink" %% "flink-connector-kafka-0.8" % flinkVersion,
```

It actually succeeds in creating the assembly now, which is great. However,
I see that it is pulling in the Scala 2.10 version of the Kafka JAR's.
Perhaps the correct Scala version is not specified in the published POM's
for transitive dependencies?

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1066/org/apache/flink/flink-connector-kafka-0.8_2.11/1.0.0/flink-connector-kafka-0.8_2.11-1.0.0.pom
refers to ${scala.binary.version} -- not sure how that is resolved

Re: Flink packaging makes life hard for SBT fat jar's

Posted by Till Rohrmann <ti...@gmail.com>.
Great to hear Shikhar :-)

Cheers, Till

Posted by shikhar <sh...@schmizz.net>.

Posted by Till Rohrmann <ti...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shikhar,

that is a problem we just found out today. The problem is that the
scala.binary.version was not properly replaced in the parent pom so that it
resolves to 2.10 [1]. Max already opened a PR to fix this problem. With the
next release candidate, this should be fixed.

Cheers,
Till
​