Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/08 11:39:13 UTC

Follow-up on JIRA after merge

I've noticed that sometimes Apache JIRA/GitHub integration doesn't always
behave nicely. Sometimes the JIRA issue doesn't close when you close the
PR. I ran into a bunch of those yesterday while reviewing some old branches
and had to close the JIRAs manually. It seems it might have happened again
this morning with Jason's closed PRs - the JIRAs are still open.

Since the process doesn't seem fool proof, please keep an eye on your JIRA
tickets after you close them to make sure they actually close. A good thing
to always do to make this easier to track is to set the Fix Version as soon
as you know you plan to get something done. In this way, we can catch
something still open during code freeze week when we review tickets left
open on a version slated for release.

Re: Follow-up on JIRA after merge

Posted by Marko Rodriguez <ok...@gmail.com>.
I didn’t know that JIRA’s would close automagically. I also manually close the JIRA after a PR merge.

Huh.

Marko.

http://markorodriguez.com