Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Karl Fogel <kf...@newton.ch.collab.net> on 2001/11/12 18:14:33 UTC

doc string for dav_svn_parse_uri()

Greg, can you fix the documentation for dav_svn_parse_uri()?  I'm
pretty sure it's what I want to use, but the current doc string may
have been cut-and-pasted from somewhere else.

Questions about the doc string:

   * SPECIAL_URI is documented, but is not a parameter.

   * LABEL is a parameter, but is not documented.

   * The exact format of URI is left a little unclear, at least to a
     non-expert in DAV.

Thanks,
-K

/*
 * dav_svn_parse_uri: parse the provided URI into its various bits
 *
 * URI will contain a path relative to our configured root URI. It should
 * not have a leading "/". The root is identified by "".
 *
 * SPECIAL_URI is the component of the URI path configured by the
 * SVNSpecialPath directive (defaults to "$svn").
 *
 * On output: *COMB will contain all of the information parsed out of
 * the URI -- the resource type, activity ID, path, etc.
 *
 * Note: this function will only parse the URI. Validation of the pieces,
 * opening data stores, etc, are not part of this function.
 *
 * TRUE is returned if a parsing error occurred. FALSE for success.
 */
static int dav_svn_parse_uri(dav_resource_combined *comb,
                             const char *uri,
                             const char *label,
                             int use_checked_in)
{
  const char *special_uri = comb->priv.repos->special_uri;
  apr_size_t len1;
  apr_size_t len2;
  char ch;

  len1 = strlen(uri);
  len2 = strlen(special_uri);
  if (len1 > len2
      && ((ch = uri[len2]) == '/' || ch == '\0')
      && memcmp(uri, special_uri, len2) == 0)
    {
      if (ch == '\0')
        {
          /* URI was "/root/$svn". It exists, but has restricted usage. */
          comb->res.type = DAV_RESOURCE_TYPE_PRIVATE;
          comb->priv.restype = DAV_SVN_RESTYPE_ROOT_COLLECTION;
        }
      else
        {
          const struct special_defn *defn;

          /* skip past the "$svn/" prefix */
          uri += len2 + 1;
          len1 -= len2 + 1;

          for (defn = special_subdirs ; defn->name != NULL; ++defn)
            {
              apr_size_t len3 = strlen(defn->name);

              if (len1 >= len3 && memcmp(uri, defn->name, len3) == 0)
                {
                  if (uri[len3] == '\0')
                    {
                      /* URI was "/root/$svn/XXX". The location exists, but
                         has restricted usage. */
                      comb->res.type = DAV_RESOURCE_TYPE_PRIVATE;

                      /* store the resource type so that we can PROPFIND
                         on this collection. */
                      comb->priv.restype = defn->restype;
                    }
                  else if (uri[len3] == '/')
                    {
                      if ((*defn->parse)(comb, uri + len3 + 1, label,
                                         use_checked_in))
                        return TRUE;
                    }
                  else
                    {
                      /* e.g. "/root/$svn/activity" (we just know "act") */
                      return TRUE;
                    }

                  break;
                }
            }

          /* if completed the loop, then it is an unrecognized subdir */
          if (defn->name == NULL)
            return TRUE;
        }
    }
  else
    {
      /* Anything under the root, but not under "$svn". These are all
         version-controlled resources. */
      comb->res.type = DAV_RESOURCE_TYPE_REGULAR;

      /* The location of these resources corresponds directly to the URI,
         and we keep the leading "/". */
      comb->priv.repos_path = comb->priv.uri_path->data;
    }

  return FALSE;
}

Re: doc string for dav_svn_parse_uri()

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@newton.ch.collab.net>.
Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> writes:
> It's why I hate docstrings. They fall out of sync too easily. I'll get it
> updated, tho.

Doc strings don't "fall out of sync"; humans neglect to update them.

Thanks for fixing it. :-)

-K

Re: doc string for dav_svn_parse_uri()

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
It's why I hate docstrings. They fall out of sync too easily. I'll get it
updated, tho.

You don't want that function. Use dav_svn_simple_parse_uri().

Cheers,
-g