Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by COCHE Sébastien <SC...@sigma.fr> on 2013/07/08 11:23:57 UTC

CloudStack Network architecture for VPC...

Hello all,

I want to test VPC feature on CloudStack.

When I deploy a new VPC, le communication failed between VPC's vrouter and CloudStack manager.

After some investigation, it seems that the vRouter default gateway is set on public subnet, and there is no static route configured to join the Cloudstack manager on the management network.

I configure a subnet for Cloud management (cloudstack manager, vCenter server, ...) and a subnet for each Pod (VMware hypervisor and KVM hypervisors).

Can you tell me what is wrong in my design ?

Shoud I add a Cloudstack manager NIC in each Pod or should I put hypervisors in the same subnet that the CloudStack Manager ?

Standard vRouter worked fine in that design...

Thank you

Best regards

Sébastien Coché, Architecte Infrastructure
Direction Veille & Méthodes

(+33) 2.53.48.92.57 - poste : 92.57

(+33) 6.22.25.03.74

SIGMA Informatique - http://www.sigma.fr/ <http://www.sigma.fr/>
3 rue Newton - BP 4127
44241 La Chapelle sur Erdre Cedex

Re: CloudStack Network architecture for VPC...

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <ae...@gmail.com>.
Have you allowed for the traffic to flow via the VPC's network acl's? You
might need to add some ingress rules...

Posted by COCHE Sébastien <SC...@sigma.fr>.
Hello

SIGMA Informatique - http://www.sigma.fr/ <http://www.sigma.fr/>  <http://www.sigma.fr/ <http://www.sigma.fr/> >