Posted to users@maven.apache.org by mebigfatguy <db...@mebigfatguy.com> on 2011/06/11 20:47:29 UTC

Maven repository on SourceForge file system

Greetings,

 I'm attempting to 'mock' a maven repository on the SourceForge file release
system, here

https://sourceforge.net/projects/fb-contrib/files/repo/

To do this, i deployed my jar locally to archiva, then grabbed all the files
in archiva and pushed them to source forge.

However, when i do a mvn install which would pull from this repository I
get:

Downloading:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/fb-contrib/files/repo/com/mebigfatguy/fb-contrib/4.6.1/fb-contrib-4.6.1.pom
397b downloaded  (fb-contrib-4.6.1.pom)
[WARNING] *** CHECKSUM FAILED - Checksum failed on download: local =
'0df14ecc8d620761ef59759c426270fa164d2302'; remote = '<html>
' - RETRYING

I see the '<html> which implies to me that the sf file system is getting in
the way of how maven works. Has anyone tried to do this, or am I out of
luck.

Re: Maven repository on SourceForge file system

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
I know its not what you asked for,
but for sites you can follow
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin/examples/site-deploy-to-sourceforge.net.html

Re: Maven repository on SourceForge file system

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
hi!

A slightly different approach would be to use wagon-svn and 'deploy' your artifacts to a folder in your apps Subversion repo.
This is a neat hack for getting sharing a maven repo via sourceforge.

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by mebigfatguy <db...@mebigfatguy.com>.
> I see the '<html> which implies to me that the sf file system is getting
> in
> the way of how maven works. Has anyone tried to do this, or am I out of
> luck.
>
> Perhaps try linking directly to the file via the CDN:
> http://cdnetworks-us-2.dl.sourceforge.net/project/fb-contrib/repo/com/mebigfatguy/fb-contrib/4.6.1/fb-contrib-4.6.1.pom
>
> Wayne

Sweet!! that worked, thanks!

Re: Maven repository on SourceForge file system

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.