Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by John Gentilin <ge...@eyecatching.com> on 2003/12/11 19:06:48 UTC

Re: Question about XALAN sql extensions

Martin,

Yes, it is extremely easy as a matter of fact. If you look in the SQL
examples, ext-connection dir, you will get the basic layout. Here is
an overview..

org.apache.xalan.lib.sql.ConnectionPool is an interface, in hind sight
I should of probably followed convention can called it IConnectionPool.

You need to create a wrapper class that implements the ConnectionPool
interface and maps the interface calls to Tomcat's connection pool.

Now in the init() method of your Servlet, create an instance of you
wrapper class and register it with the
org.apache.xalan.lib.sql.ConnectionMgr class.

Now for each UserName/Password/Default Database, you need to create a
new instance and register it with the ConnectionMgr.

Then in the Stylesheet, reference the ConnectionPool instance by name.

All the basics of this should be in the example code.

If you get the wrapper class working and create a sample / skeleton
servlet class I will add the code to the extension directory with a
note that you submitted the code but I think you need to sign one of
those ASF license agreements.

Send me an Email if you have questions, but CC the dev list so it gets
recorded in the public archive. If I don't respond right away, then just
send me a reminder. I am on again, off again on the list and procmail
pre sorts by Xalan messages in a seperate folder.

Regards
John G

--
John Gentilin