Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Remco Klappe || Tetra <re...@tetra.nl> on 2016/08/30 10:08:16 UTC

Problem with text mode input on mobile devices

Hi everyone,

I've already created an issue on Jira about this (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-71), but i was wondering if there are more people with the same problem, and if someone has a workaround for this issue.

I recorded my iPhone to show the problem with the keyboard:

http://www.tellmehow.nl/videos/

As you can see i'm not able to dismiss the keyboard. This can only be achieved by selecting the 'None input-mode'.

Thanks in advance!
Remco

Re: Problem with text mode input on mobile devices

Posted by Andy Muchmore <an...@gmail.com>.
thanks - I get it

--
Andy Muchmore MD
AVM@Codonix.com

Re: Problem with text mode input on mobile devices

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.

Posted by Andy Muchmore <an...@gmail.com>.
I have the opposite problem - when a text box opens up in our Java Applet
on the server side it fails to bring up the text keyboard for either the
iPhone or the iPad - the cursor is in the text box but no virtual keyboard
- works perfectly for devices with keyboards

Server - Linux
Browser - Chrome
Environment - Java Applet

--