Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Christian Andersson <ca...@ofs.no> on 2003/09/19 15:51:58 UTC

does the text about remote repository on the webpage have an error?

HI there again, I've jsut read the part about remote repository in the
user guide
http://maven.apache.org/reference/user-guide.html#Remote%20Repository%20Layout
and noticed some thing, is this a bug or is it intended..

repository

  |-- ant
  |   |-- distribution
  |   `-- jars
  |       |-- ant-1.4.1.jar
  |       `-- ant-optional-1.4.1.jar
  +-- jsse
  |-- distribution
  `-- jars
      |-- jsse.jar
      |-- jcert.jar
      `-- jnet.jar

should it not be

repository

  |-- ant
  |   |-- distribution
  |   `-- jars
  |       |-- ant-1.4.1.jar
  |       `-- ant-optional-1.4.1.jar
  +-- jsse
      |-- distribution
      `-- jars
          |-- jsse.jar
          |-- jcert.jar
          `-- jnet.jar

ie the 2:nd distribution/jars should go under jsse and not under repository

or could he repository/jars be used as some kind of general place to put
jars that you don't know where to else put?  and if it is so, how do I
use that in the dependency tag of project.xml ?

/Christian Andersson

Re: does the text about remote repository on the webpage have an error?

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
Christian Andersson <ca...@ofs.no> wrote on 19/09/2003 11:51:58 PM:

> HI there again, I've jsut read the part about remote repository in the
> user guide

http://maven.apache.org/reference/user-guide.html#Remote%20Repository%20Layout
> and noticed some thing, is this a bug or is it intended..
>
> repository
>   |-- ant
>   |   |-- distribution
>   |   `-- jars