Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by rajeshjohnv <rv...@cisco.com> on 2008/03/19 22:30:59 UTC

T5 Rendering a column as text box in a grid when the columnName is dynamic

Hello,

 I have a T5 Grid which can have dynamic number of columns. I am using the
model to add/delete the columns. I can get it to work perfect if it is a
text field. I actually want some of those columns to be a text box. Since
the columns are generated dynamically, i am not able to specify the cellName
in the .tml file like

<t:parameter name="actionCell">
    <input t:type="TextField" t:id="actionId" t:value="actionValue"/>
</t:parameter>

I tried to use a variable for the parameter name like

<t:parameter name="${cellName}">
    <input t:type="TextField" t:id="actionId" t:value="actionValue"/>
</t:parameter>

but it didnot work for me.

If anyone can let me know how I could render a column programatically when
the column name is known only at runtime, i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Rajesh Vargheese