Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Zili Chen <wa...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/02 04:32:38 UTC

[Question] What is the difference between Embedded and SingleLeaderElectionService?

Hi devs,

I found that these two classes are quite similar except
SingleLeaderElectionService has a pre-config leader id.

However, I don't see use points of that leader id. Also
a random UUID would work as a DEFAULT_LEADER_ID(0).
I consider whether we could replace SingleLeaderElectionService
with EmbeddedLeaderElectionService, or merge.

Best,
tison.

Re: [Question] What is the difference between Embedded and SingleLeaderElectionService?

Posted by Zili Chen <wa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your explanation :)

Best,
tison.