Posted to dev@sentry.apache.org by Sravya Tirukkovalur <sr...@cloudera.com> on 2014/08/27 02:08:38 UTC

Lets keep precommit build in a reliable state

Hi Sentry contributors,

We have had our pre commit build pretty unstable for a while. After some
test fixes and improved bigtop slaves health, it is back to being healthy
now.
http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/job/PreCommit-SENTRY-Build/ (All red ones
are actual patch related test failures).

Lets take this opportunity to make "all tests passing" on precommit build a
requirement for every patch. Of course, we will file jiras for un related
flaky tests and prioritize them to unblock the commits if need be. Any
thoughts?

Thanks!
--
Sravya Tirukkovalur

Re: Lets keep precommit build in a reliable state

Posted by Sravya Tirukkovalur <sr...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks for the responses folks! At this point the only known reason for
false failures apart from machine issues seem to be
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SENTRY-208. (8 out of 10 last false
failures, other 2 I think are machine issues). Once we fix this issue, we
should have more stable runs (patch is available). But I agree that lets
try to keep the pre commit build green as much as possible, but still allow
non pre commit validation by patch provider and committer when necessary.

Thanks!

Posted by Prasad Mujumdar <pr...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Gregory Chanan <gc...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Prasad Mujumdar <pr...@cloudera.com>.