Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Gaby Vanhegan <ga...@vanhegan.net> on 2004/11/02 19:12:12 UTC

Re: Sitewide Bayes DB, spam mailbox

After some more rumbling around today, I've come across this;

http://www.stearns.org/doc/spamassassin-setup.current.html

And in interesting section on Shared whitelist and bayes databases and
autoreporting addresses, which seems to cover most of what I want to do.

To this end, I've setup a spam mailbox and a nospam mailbox, and I have
installed the redirector plugin for Thunderbird:

http://mailredirect.mozdev.org/installation.html

Which allows me to bounce messages with unfettered headers, straight to
a mailbox that drops it directly into spamassassin -r -d -a, which in
turn goes into a site-wide bayes DB.  Ergo, if I bounce some spam to
that address, the mail server will then filter it for all accounts on
the machine :)

And to prevent abuse of this mechanism, it's setup so that only certain
people can report spam to this mailbox (me, and the other admin).

Nice.

Gaby

--
Ha! Ha! Ha!  Dislocation...