Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by franck LAMY <fr...@cfort.fr> on 2004/02/20 10:30:11 UTC

to create my own application

Hello,

i would like to create my own application in a context ( $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/myApplication) different from cocoon context
($TOMCAT/webapps/cocoon). I looked for cocoon's site but don't find any informations.
what is the way the proceed ?
I need help because i am blocked

THANKS

Re: to create my own application

Posted by Johnson <jo...@soho.club.tw>.
pls refer to

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=BeginnerDefaultContext

Johnson

Failed to execute pipeline

Posted by franck LAMY <fr...@cfort.fr>.
Hi,

When i execute my application under tomcat 5.0.18, i have the following error :

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.

Here is my sitemap.xmap file :

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<map:sitemap xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0">

<map:pipelines>

    <map:pipeline>

        <map:match pattern="hello.html">

            <map:generate src="hello.xml"/>

            <map:transform src="page2html.xsl"/>

            <map:serialize type="html"/>

        </map:match>

    </map:pipeline>

</map:pipelines>

</map:sitemap>

Can someone helps me because i turn around .

Posted by Jan Hoskens <jh...@schaubroeck.be>.
I've not done this before, but I guess you should take the main sitemap and the WEB-INF dir to your own servlet, then adjust your WEB-INF/web.xml to the correct servlet settings. Check the main sitemap to see if there are any unwanted pipes there (error handling and stuff needs to be adjusted to your own if you do not copy anything else). With the web.xml adjusted, tomcat can find your servlet. If not succesful, search for more info on that web.xml and how to deploy servlets with tomcat.

Hope this helps,

Jan