Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Yishay Weiss <yi...@hotmail.com> on 2015/08/24 14:02:35 UTC

Can FlexJS Be Used for Mobile AIR?

Hi,

I'm starting a new mobile project and thought I would use FlexJS. I know
it's in a fuzzy beta/alpha stage but I see an advantage in a smaller
footprint and of course in potentially using the same code base for creating
a js web app.

>From past experience I've found Adobe AIR to be better than phonegap in
terms of debuggability and consistency across platforms, so I'd rather
target that in the first stage.

Is what I'm planning feasible at this stage? I've downloaded the nightly
build and was able to set it up for IntelliJ and the example I tried works
for web apps using flash and js. However, when running the MobileTrader
example and targeting 'Mobile' in IntelliJ I get:

Error:(24, 0) [MobileArabic]: unable to open
'C:\dev\flexjs\frameworks\themes\Mobile\mobile.swc'.
C:\Users\Yishay\.IntelliJIdea14\system\compile-server\_temp_\IntelliJ_IDEA\idea-EDFF690B-6CF73B1C.xml
(line: 24)

Any inputs or ideas?

Thanks

Re: Can FlexJS Be Used for Mobile AIR?

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

I¹ve been working on a short list of mobile FlexJS components (see the
org.apache.flex.mobile package in the FlexJS project). I will be
committing some updates to that package (along with changes to the
Container components) in the very near future.

The goal of FlexJS/Mobile is the same as for Flex and its mobile
components, but with the added benefit that if you cross-compile your
application using FalconJX, the resulting JavaScript code can be run using
PhoneGap.

It would be great if you could try and use FlexJS for your project - even
for doing some what-if prototyping. Your feedback and/or participation in
the project would be most welcome.

Peter Ent
Adobe Systems

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com>.
I¹m not surprised. I have changes that should make things work again. I
had a back-and-forth set of commits trying to iron out some issues with
Container and layouts; I have it worked out and am going through the
examples testing and tuning it. I hope to commit this week but it may be
next week.

Peter Ent
Adobe Systems

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
Actually, I just noticed the screen shot shows the frameworks/libs/player path and my lib doesn't contain it, I will update the screen shot today to reflect that, so, it is apparently a mistake from me.

Thanks for your time :-)
Frédéric THOMAS

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.

Glad it works :-)

> VerifyError: Error #1079: Native methods are not allowed in loaded code.
>
> Removing frameworks\libs\player\18.0
> from Global Libraries -> FlexJS fixed it and I can now run MobileTrader on
> the AIR simulator.
>
> I assume there's a more elegant solution to the above error but I couldn't
> find one.

Still, it sounds like there is still a gotcha in the setup, I could be wrong but this error make me think you are probably using FP native API into AIR app, can you double check the FlexJS Lib is set from <FLEXJS_INSTALL_FOLDER>\frameworks and looks like this [1] and this global library is set as merged in your module dependencies ? The SDK should also contain ./frameworks entries only.

Btw, if you update the .rar, I can check the other points !

Thanks,
Frédéric THOMAS

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/57903041/Choose%20Flash%20Build%20Configurations.jpg?version=1&modificationDate=1438538358000&api=v2

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
And I updated the doc to reflect what I just talked about for Module / Project and also updated the Chrome config screenshot for debugging to reflect the recent changes on their plugin default setting.

Frédéric THOMAS

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.