Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Niek Bartholomeus <ni...@pulsar-it.be> on 2016/09/15 09:49:17 UTC

drill rest api converts all data types to string

Hi,

I'm using the drill rest api to query my parquet files that were generated by spark.

I noticed that numeric and boolean data types are all converted to string in the results. Nested data however is returned with the original data types intact.

Probably this is happening here: https://github.com/apache/drill/blob/2d9f9abb4c47d08f8462599c8d6076a61a1708fe/exec/java-exec/src/main/java/org/apache/drill/exec/server/rest/QueryWrapper.java#L158

Is there any way how to fix this?

I'm using the latest version of drill.

Thanks in advance,

Niek.

Re: drill rest api converts all data types to string

Posted by Niek Bartholomeus <ni...@pulsar-it.be>.
Hi Sudheesh,

Thanks for confirming this is a bug. I logged in to the Drill jira project but it looks like I only got read only access. Any idea how I get permission to raise issues?

Thanks,

Niek.

Posted by Sudheesh Katkam <sk...@maprtech.com>.
This is different.