Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Brian Hart <BH...@MAIL.NYSED.GOV> on 2003/03/05 19:24:37 UTC

RE: Using a TreeModel for Menu State - Best Practice to send statechanges via Struts

Remove the Tree Model from the equation then, this isn't a question about rich client UI.  The Struts specific question is how to pass parameters to the action class (and access them in the action class code)via the <html:link action="menu"/>  tag without a formbean or form submission taking place.  I want a group of links to share the same action class and pass parameters into the ation class to correctly trigger some behavior.  This is primarily a request for content based on the menu action.  See below:

Is the above valid approach?  How do I get access to these parameters in the action class?

>>> "BaTien Duong" <ba...@dbgroups.com> 03/05/03 11:36AM >>>
This is what we are waiting for in Java Server Faces to bring server side
action to rich client side interface with easy to use Tags.

BaTien