Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Stijn de Witt <St...@bergland-it.nl> on 2004/06/05 12:59:44 UTC

How to change from hsqldb to mysql?

Hi,

I had previously changed the jetspeed user database from hsqldb to mysql.
However on jetspeed 1.5 I get errors running the turbine-mysql.sql script:

Anybody know what they are (and how to fix them)?
-Stijn

-----
mysql> use codamo;
Database changed
mysql> source
C:/bit/dev/project/bergland-portal/jetspeed/src/sql/external/turbine-mysql.s
ql
ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that
corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near
'IDENTITY,
    PERMISSION_NAME VARCHAR (99) NOT NULL,
    OBJE
ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that
corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near
'IDENTITY,
    ROLE_NAME VARCHAR (99) NOT NULL,
    OBJECTDATA
ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that
corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near
'IDENTITY,
    GROUP_NAME VARCHAR (99) NOT NULL,
    OBJECTDAT
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.02 sec)

Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
Records: 0  Duplicates: 0  Warnings: 0

ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that
corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near
'IDENTITY,
    LOGIN_NAME VARCHAR (32) NOT NULL,
    PASSWORD_
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
Records: 0  Duplicates: 0  Warnings: 0

Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.02 sec)

ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that
corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near
'IDENTITY,
    COFFEE_NAME VARCHAR (50),
    SUPPLIER_ID integ

Re: How to change from hsqldb to mysql?

Posted by Jeremy K <li...@empirion.homelinux.org>.
Stijn - indeed, same problem here. Of course, there appear to be no real
solid test matrices online for releases, so it probably isn't you - it
is probably just untested. (I know one of the major developers uses only
Oracle .. probably leaves MySQL as a lower priority.)

I think I attached a mysqldump file on this list at some point to help
others, because of this problem (I pbtained it from an old schema I had
loaded from another version) ... i dont know if you have the archives
but look there for it.

Cheers!
Jeremy

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Jun 5, 2004, at 4:13 AM, Stijn de Witt wrote:

> Looking at the SQL in turbine-mysql.sql, it seems to be for the wrong
> database type. Maybe a mixup? It looks like this (just the first two
> tables):

It appears that the patch to add the EMAIL table broke this script
That was my mistake, I didn't review the patch closely enough

Sorry about that, I'll get that fixed

In the meantime look at the turbine-mysql-4.sql script

Re: How to change from hsqldb to mysql?

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Jun 5, 2004, at 4:13 AM, Stijn de Witt wrote:

> Looking at the SQL in turbine-mysql.sql, it seems to be for the wrong
> database type. Maybe a mixup? It looks like this (just the first two
> tables):

patch applied to CVS head, try again and let us know if that works for
you

Re: How to change from hsqldb to mysql?