Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by aquaglia <an...@socomit.it> on 2007/11/23 15:58:50 UTC

Re: axis2.log missing

Ensure you have copied log4j.jar under axis2\WEB-INF\lib

Re: axis2.log missing

Posted by Rick Isaacs <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I had the same problem for the client as I wanted the log on the client
side.

I got logging to work in the /Userguide samples.

I put the following files in the \build dir

C:\apache-
tomcat-5.5.25\webapps\axis2\WEB-INF\samples\userguide\build\commons-logging.propertiesC:\apache-
tomcat-5.5.25\webapps\axis2\WEB-INF\samples\userguide\build\log4j.properties

and added the \build to the classpath in the build.xml

<project name="userguide" default="generate.service"> <property
name="mainDir"
      value="../.."/>
      <property name="classes.dir" value="build/classes"/>
      <path
          id="axis.classpath"> <fileset dir="../../lib">
          <include name="*.jar"/>
           </fileset> <pathelement location="build/userguide.jar"/>

           <pathelement location="build"/>

       </path>

The files need to be class path, then the client will not display the WARN:
No appender could be

If you do a clean, the build dir will be deleted.

Hope this works.

Rick