Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Scott Bouma <sc...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/20 17:35:03 UTC

Use "relatedness(...)" faceting function as a replacement for MoreLikeThis?

Hi all!  First question to the group so hopefully this is the right way to
ask a question :)

I watched one of Trey Grainger's talks in which he said that the new
relatedness metric is an improvement on MoreLikeThis (MLT).  I would like
to use it to analyze a set of text files from different publishers
(multiple files per publisher) in order to determine relatedness between
publishers.  I managed to get it to work with MLT by running the query
below (I post-processed the results to sum MLT scores between each
publisher pair).  But I can't figure out how to do a similar analysis using
facets and the relatedness(...) function.

http://localhost:8983/solr/plans/select?fl=score%2Cpublisher_url%2Cid&mlt.fl=data.devotional&mlt=true&q=*%3A*

Any suggestions would be appreciated!  Thanks,
-Scott