Posted to dev@devicemap.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2014/07/15 09:14:08 UTC

Personal attacks are *not* welcome here

Hi,

I would usually not feed the troll, but this is just too much (from
the "Can we stop the wild commits RIGHT NOW please?" thread):

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 12:05 AM, Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...Those who don't want to understand
> it, mainly ***** created a hostile, heated series of flames seeming almost
> like he's been bribed by the WURFL folks to disrupt and destroy the
> project?;-O...

(where **** was the name of one of our committers)

I don't know if this was supposed to be funny, but whatever - it is
simply not acceptable in an Apache community.

Werner, I guess apologies are welcome if you want to keep some credibility here.

And BTW, attacks against WURFL or any other group are not welcome
either, they do not add any value to our discussions.

-Bertrand

Re: Personal attacks are *not* welcome here

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
I do hope those who started those flames read it, if you dig through those
threads, you'll notice my rational arguments being brushed away by "trolls"
involved with "it's all stupid, outdated,..." against the odds of solutions
on the market.
If they chose to come back I'd see that as their apology, if not, DeviceMap
would not really Miss them as they only tried to jump the bandwagon after
nearly 2 years of total inactivity.

Werner