Posted to users@camel.apache.org by jamesilicious <ja...@dblue.co.uk> on 2013/06/07 23:25:06 UTC

File Component: Default rename behaviour

We have a scenario where we are consuming a large number of files, using the
file component and passing off the processing to seda routes.
The component is moving the file (preMove) and moving to a completed
directory once done.

The throughput is particularly poor, and think it may be because of the
rename behaviour.

Changing the log level, we see the rename process falling back to use a
copyAndDelete implementation. The standard file rename always fails; the
1000ms sleep time is the reason the throughput is bad.

We're running on Linux, copying between 2 different NFS mount points.

Has anyone seen this in the past? Apart from patching the Camel class, does
anyone have any suggestions for how to overcome this? Would like to avoid
writing a custom component with our own copy implementation.

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/camel/trunk/camel-core/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/util/FileUtil.java?view=markup

Re: File Component: Default rename behaviour

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I logged a ticket to add a new option so you can tell Camel to copy as rename

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 9:42 PM, jamesilicious <ja...@dblue.co.uk> wrote:
> Just to refine the question; we can't do anything about the renameTo
> operation failing as 1) it's a Java implementation and 2) the file systems
> etc are out of our control, so need an alternative.
>
> Being able to specify a copyStrategy would be ideal, but not possible at the
> moment.

Claus Ibsen
www.camelone.org: The open source integration conference.

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: File Component: Default rename behaviour