Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by drm <dr...@melp.nl> on 2003/10/02 20:29:54 UTC

[tomcat 5.0 docs] Application Developer's Guide: build.xml file

Hi all :)

First post here, so don't bomb me if i do anything wrong :P

After downloading and installing Tomcat 5.0 beta i discovered an error
in the build.xml file provided in that section.

The target "install" misses the action to create a war file, and
deploying that war file in/on/to (?) the server.

I solved it this way:

---snip---
   <target name="install" depends="compile"
    description="Install application to servlet container">
     <!-- added -->
       <jar jarfile="${build.home}/${app.version}.war"
            basedir="${build.home}"/>
     <!-- /added -->

<!--
    deploy@war now points
    to the just created war
    file (ofcourse ;))
-->

     <deploy url="${manager.url}"
        username="${manager.username}"
        password="${manager.password}"
            path="${app.path}"
             war="${build.home}/${app.version}.war"/>
   </target>
---snip---

Maybe it's all wrong, (if so, please let me know how to do better ;))
but that's not my point. Maybe the guys over there creating and managing
these docs can provide a better build.xml file :) I searched my ass of
(being new to Ant and all :)) how to solve that weird "ZipException"...

Cheers in advance :)

drm

Re: [tomcat 5.0 docs] Application Developer's Guide: build.xml file

Posted by drm <dr...@melp.nl>.
*feeling n00bish :o

I just realized it is would be more handy if you put the jar in a dir
where it would not try to include itself when compressing :P

so replace ${build.home}/${app.version}.war with plain ${app.version}.war

And yes, thank you, i love talking to myself :P