Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org> on 2017/09/07 07:31:47 UTC

GitBox

Hi all,

I'm going to request moving all our repos to GitBox - this will allow
push commits directly to GitHub, also we should be able to merge PRs
using GH instead of fetching them locally and pushing to Apache.
Gitbox adds a bi-directional mirroring with GitHub.

Some info
https://gitbox.apache.org/setup/
http://apache-accumulo.1065345.n5.nabble.com/DISCUSS-GitBox-td21160.html
http://apache-nifi.1125220.n5.nabble.com/DISCUSS-Apache-Gitbox-td18273.html

Any objections?

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: GitBox

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
> Just to clarify:
>
> Does this mean we can now push to github immediately without worrying
> about what the original location of the repository is?
> Or will this cause overhead and you want us to push to the gitbox repository?

You can either push to Apache Gitbox or Github (but you must do the
account configuration as I have posted early). What is more important
we can merge PRs directly using GitHub (no more fetching PRs locally
and pushing).

Regards

Re: GitBox

Posted by Stefaan Dutry <sd...@apache.org>.
Just to clarify:

Does this mean we can now push to github immediately without worrying
about what the original location of the repository is?
Or will this cause overhead and you want us to push to the gitbox repository?

Regards
Stefaan Dutry (sdutry)

Re: GitBox

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
One more thing, you must update your "origin" remote to point either
to https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/struts.git or to
https://github.com/apache/struts.git

Regards

Re: GitBox

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Re: GitBox

Re: GitBox

Posted by Yasser Zamani <ya...@live.com>.
Thank you very much for your works! I love improvement changes a lot!

Re: GitBox

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
> It seems version note generator also should be updated to use gitbox url
> for `Source Code Repository` link. Currently it's broken e.g. in [1].
>
> [1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Version+Notes+2.5.14.1

Good catch :) Fixed all 2.5.x version notes and pointed them to
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=struts.git;a=summary

Regards

Re: GitBox

Posted by Yasser Zamani <ya...@apache.org>.