Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Marc Saegesser <ma...@apropos.com> on 2001/05/12 02:34:01 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Tomcat 3.2.2 beta 5 released

I am pleased to announce that the Tomcat 3.2.2 beta 5 release is now
available for download at

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/tomcat/release/v3.2.2-beta-5

The beta 5 release fixes a security problem that caused a URL such as

http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp/num/numguess.jsp%00

to return the JSP source text on some platforms.  If you are using any
previous beta release of Tomcat 3.2.2 please upgrade to beta 5 as soon as
possible.

The release notes file in src/doc/readme covers the details of the Tomcat
3.2.2 release.

Marc A. Saegesser

Posted by Oki DZ <ok...@bdg.pindad.com>.
Alin Simionoiu wrote:

> It's seems that the latest Tomcat is 4.0m5..

Then I missed one beta version.
I just downloaded the beta 4 yesterday, and now there's already b5.
I think the World spins faster.

Oki

Re: Question version 1.1

Posted by Alin Simionoiu <as...@musicnet.com>.

Re: Question version 1.1

Posted by "Michael G. Anderson" <RI...@home.com>.
This is a more comprehensive reply!

regards,

mike anderson

Re: Question version 1.1

Posted by Bip Thelin <bi...@apache.org>.

Re: Question version 1.1

Posted by "Michael G. Anderson" <RI...@home.com>.
And versions apparently as well..
So what are the differences?
When is EJB slated for integration?

thanks Oki

michael g. anderson

Re: Question version 1.1

Posted by Oki DZ <ok...@bdg.pindad.com>.
"Michael G. Anderson" wrote:

> See Question version 1.0!
> Is version 3.2.2 beta 5 the latest?
> or is Tomcat 4(4.4) the latest?
>
> What is the latest version?

Both.

> What am I missing?

"beta 5" is the latest in version 3.2.2.
"beta 4" is the latest in version 4.0

> What is going on...

Many betas released.

Oki

RE: Question version 1.1

Posted by Marc Saegesser <ma...@apropos.com>.
OK, that goes right to the top of the "Why didn't I think of that" list.
I'll add section to the Tomcat page describing the various releases.

RE: Question version 1.1

Posted by Paulo Gaspar <pa...@krankikom.de>.

Re: Question version 1.1

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.

Re: Question version 1.1

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 5/11/01 7:19 PM, "Michael G. Anderson" <RI...@home.com> wrote:

> See Question version 1.0!
> Is version 3.2.2 beta 5 the latest?
> or is Tomcat 4(4.4) the latest?
>
> What is the latest version?
>
> What am I missing?
>

> What is going on...

Yea...having two versions of Tomcat is wonderful!

Not.

-jon

your pain to new levels. --Anonymous

Question version 1.1