Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Martin Guy <ma...@gmail.com> on 2021/10/16 11:41:40 UTC

What's the AVR32 GCC in Microchip Studio and where's its source code?

Hi!
   My company wishes to port NuttX to its AVR32 board, and I see on
https://nuttx.apache.org/docs/latest/introduction/detailed_support.html#microchip-avr32
"This port requires a special GNU avr32 toolchain available from
atmel.com website. This is a windows native toolchain and so can be
used only under Cygwin on Windows."
  Now, we'd like to use this on Open Source systems (we are an OS
company) but I've not been able to find the sources of their AVR32-GCC
included in Microchip Studio.
  So my question is: If Nuttx requires C11 features, presumably the
Microchip Studio GCC is based on a later version than 4.4, and if so,
where's the source?

Thanks in advance to any AVR32 porters out there

Re: What's the AVR32 GCC in Microchip Studio and where's its source code?

Posted by Alan Carvalho de Assis <ac...@gmail.com>.
Hi Martin,

On 10/16/21, Martin Guy <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>    My company wishes to port NuttX to its AVR32 board, and I see on
> https://nuttx.apache.org/docs/latest/introduction/detailed_support.html#microchip-avr32
> "This port requires a special GNU avr32 toolchain available from
> atmel.com website. This is a windows native toolchain and so can be
> used only under Cygwin on Windows."
>   Now, we'd like to use this on Open Source systems (we are an OS
> company) but I've not been able to find the sources of their AVR32-GCC
> included in Microchip Studio.
>   So my question is: If Nuttx requires C11 features, presumably the
> Microchip Studio GCC is based on a later version than 4.4, and if so,
> where's the source?

I think you can download it from here:
https://github.com/embecosm/avr32-toolchain

More info: https://www.avrfreaks.net/forum/avr32-gcc-toolchain-asf-and-linux

It is strange the AVR32 is not listed in the Microchip page:

https://www.microchip.com/en-us/development-tools-tools-and-software/gcc-compilers-avr-and-arm

Maybe they are removing support to AVR32, I don't know...

BR,

Alan