Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by PJ Shimmer <nf...@yahoo.com> on 2011/12/08 22:30:38 UTC

UI support for Multi-Select Facet queries?

Greetings,

I see that we can query multiple facets for a search with a syntax like "fq=grade:A OR grade:B".  However, I only know how to do this by modifying the URL parameter.  Is there a UI component that allows you to select multiple facet values?  I'm thinking something like a checkbox next to each value.  I'm using the default UI @ http://localhost:8983/solr/browse, and didn't see an obvious way to do this.

Re: UI support for Multi-Select Facet queries?

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
Nothing that I'm aware of, open-source-wise.  It'd be a fairly straightforward set of changes to the /browse templates though.

Blacklight - http://projectblacklight.org - is a nice UI on top of Solr, and I've seen some demos where multi-select faceting was customized into it, but I don't think the core of it yet has that.

We have it on our search system (in fact, multiselect was implemented specifically for this initially) - http://www.lucidimagination.com/search/

Are you looking for just something to play around with or something to go into production with?  No UI technology constraints?

	Erik

Posted by PJ Shimmer <nf...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Erik.

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.