Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Marcello Marangio <m....@tno.it> on 2006/09/11 17:37:01 UTC

ORA 1460 - unimplemented or unreasonable conversion requested

Hi all

I'm having the Oracle error I reported in the subject.

I couldn't get james work with this new PC, but I am pretty sure the sw
configuration is exactly the same as the old one.

I get the error calling mailContext.sendMail(), which worked perfectly
before the PC change.

Any clue?

Thanks

Marcello

RE: ORA 1460 - unimplemented or unreasonable conversion requested

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> James 2.2.0
> Driver Oracle jdbc 9
> Database: Oracle 9i

Did you look up that error?  Google found a few, including:

 http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/54231/0/
 http://www.mail-archive.com/dbi-dev@perl.org/msg04296.html

Any change in your environment, such as a different locale?

	--- Noel

R: ORA 1460 - unimplemented or unreasonable conversion requested

Posted by Marcello Marangio <m....@tno.it>.
Which is reasonable :-)

Old config:
Windows 2K server
Java: 1.4.2_02
James 2.2.0
Driver Oracle jdbc 9
Database: Oracle 9i
Processor: Intel pIII

New Config:
Windows XP
Java: 1.4.2_02
James 2.2.0
Driver Oracle jdbc 9
Database: Oracle 9i
Processor: Intel P4 Dual Core

I was hoping in a thing like "oh, yes I had the same problem, and the
solution is :....." :-)

I'll disable the functionalities I developed and I'll try to have a "pure"
version of james working, then I'll add the stuff I made and see what
happens.

Ciao
Marcello

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Posted by Marcello Marangio <m....@tno.it>.
Hi all
FYI It was just a problem with the Oracle JDBC driver: I installed the
instantclient 10.2 and it works
Thanks for you support.
Ciao
Marcello