Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Krall, Jeremy" <jk...@verisign.com> on 2003/03/04 00:46:47 UTC

Problems configuring Apache style logging on 3.3.1

This is a real quick and easy question (I have to believe).  I have made the
changes necessary to support Apache style logs and I am just not getting it
to work.  Basically I have this in the server.xml file now:

<AccessLogInterceptor format="common" />

This seems like all I need to do.  When I restart Tomcat, AccessLog gets
created in the logs folder, but as I hit the site the log remains at 0
bytes.  Is there something else I need to do in order to get it to log???

I am using 3.3.1 on Redhat 7.2.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Re: Problems configuring Apache style logging on 3.3.1

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
By default, AcessLogInterceptor doesn't flush on each request, so it will
take a while before the information shows up in the log file.  To change
this, set the flush="true" attribute.