Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Luca Zago <za...@libero.it> on 2002/09/03 10:38:46 UTC

Architectural considerations about slide 2.0

Hi,
in this period I complied from cvs and tested slide, with some problems of
configuration, but at the end it works
quite fine. I have some doubts and considerations about the uses that I can
do in a real cms framework.

1) Is it possible to create a mixed content store, one on DB for certain
contents and the other on Filesystem for other contents?
      I tried to put two contentstores inside a store in my Domain.xml but
it seems to consider the first one.
2) The management of ACL is not trasparent, the authentication is done
pratically by Servlet Container, (apart tomcat, using Slide Relams).
      This is annoying because if I have to implement an interface to
create users and groups, I have to create a user twice, in slide and then
in the application
      server. Can anyone have a different idea?
3)  this other is only a problem I found. If I create files on the servers
(for example generated from a template),is there a direct way to add them
      therepository, without doing a put call to the server itself.

Thank you in advance for replies or other considerations.

Luca