Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com> on 2002/08/11 12:20:21 UTC

Version of Ant

Folks,

I saw somthing yesterday whist preparing the Excalibur site that lead me
to believe that Ant 1.5 was the preferred choice :

     jakarta-avalon-excalibur\fortress\build.xml:103: The <jar> task
doesn't support the nested "zipgroupfileset" element.

Should we set this as the preferred version for all Avalon projects?

- Paul

Re: Version of Ant

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Peter,

Let us switch over in the next few days then...

-ph

Re: Version of Ant

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald

Re: Version of Ant

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.

Paul Hammant wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I saw somthing yesterday whist preparing the Excalibur site that lead me
> to believe that Ant 1.5 was the preferred choice :
>
>     jakarta-avalon-excalibur\fortress\build.xml:103: The <jar> task
> doesn't support the nested "zipgroupfileset" element.
>
> Should we set this as the preferred version for all Avalon projects?

+1

And a note that there is a patch for the scripts if used in Cygwin.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: Version of Ant

Posted by Andrei Ivanov <my...@surfeu.fi>.
Hi,
also apache's java xml-axis can not be built unless with Ant 1.5...

Andrei

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
I upgraded the version of ANT in the Jakarta-Avalon repository to
Ant 1.5.  It was the only way to compile the "big" jar for Fortress.
It is an officially released version--which is a satisfactory restraint.