Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Collins Solutions <Co...@austin.rr.com> on 2014/11/05 23:09:05 UTC

Geronimo 4.0 - JEE7

Does anyone know when this released is being planned?

Re: Geronimo 4.0 - JEE7

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
Well, like I mentioned most of Geronimo components (specs, xbean, etc) are
used in many apache projects like TomEE, OpenWebBeans, servicemix, karaf,
and others.
Geronimo EE implementations are also still alive and working (like
OpenWebBeans, CXF, Bean Validation and others) on TomEE for example.

But it looks like yes, the Geronimo project has been slowing down since
last year.

Dying? depends on the community and how much effort it can put on keeping
the project alive.
So if you want it to stay alive, join the force to contribute if possible.

Depending on what you are looking for, you can give it a try to TomEE for
example.

--
Jean-Louis

Re: Geronimo 4.0 - JEE7