Posted to oro-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Daniel F. Savarese" <df...@savarese.org> on 2002/07/11 18:34:29 UTC

Re: How can I substitute a string which contains native chars?

In message <3D...@tangram-crm.com>, Alexey Aphanasyev writes:
>"AwkMatcher only supports 8-bit ASCII. Any attempt to match Unicode
>values greater than 255 will result in undefined behavior."
>
>It that the case?

Yes.

>Is there any way to solve my problem?

Not if you want to use the awk package.  However, if you're not restricted
to awk, use the Perl classes instead.  For the code snippet you included,
none of your code would change except changing AwkCompiler to PerlCompiler
AwkMatcher to PerlMatcher and import org.apache.oro.text.awk.* to
import org.apache.oro.text.perl.*

daniel

Re: How can I substitute a string which contains native chars?

Posted by Alexey Aphanasyev <al...@tangram-crm.com>.
Thank you Daniel. It works with a small change. In jakarta-oro-2.0.6 the
classes are Perl5Matcher and Perl5Compiler and they live in
org.apache.oro.text.regexp.* package.

Thank you.

Alexey