Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ben Dotte <bd...@widen.com> on 2007/05/01 16:27:47 UTC

4.1.2 snapshot changes 4-20 to 4-30

Were there some sort of fundamental changes that happened between the
Tapestry 4.1.2 4-20 snapshot and the one from 4-30? I tried upgrading to
4-30 and I just seem to hit one error after another. The first problem
is an EventListener that used to work fine:

@EventListener(targets="sessionData", events="onclick")
public void sessionDataClicked(IRequestCycle cycle)
{
	setShowSessionData(true);
	cycle.getResponseBuilder().updateComponent("theSessionData");
}

The nested stack from that is:

Caused by: org.apache.hivemind.ApplicationRuntimeException: No component
found in tree for EventListener binding with a matching component id of
sessionData. [context:/WEB-INF/app/ErrorPage.html, line 1]
	at
org.apache.tapestry.pageload.EventConnectionVisitor.visitComponent(Event
ConnectionVisitor.java:51)
	at
$IComponentVisitor_11248054e16.visitComponent($IComponentVisitor_1124805
4e16.java)
	at
$IComponentVisitor_11248054e17.visitComponent($IComponentVisitor_1124805
4e17.java)
	at
org.apache.tapestry.pageload.ComponentTreeWalker.walkComponentTree(Compo
nentTreeWalker.java:45)
	at
org.apache.tapestry.pageload.ComponentTreeWalker.walkComponentTree(Compo
nentTreeWalker.java:57)
	at
org.apache.tapestry.pageload.PageLoader.loadPage(PageLoader.java:604)
	at
$IPageLoader_11248054e04.loadPage($IPageLoader_11248054e04.java)
	at
$IPageLoader_11248054e05.loadPage($IPageLoader_11248054e05.java)
	at
org.apache.tapestry.pageload.PageSource.getPage(PageSource.java:119)
	at
$IPageSource_11248054d1c.getPage($IPageSource_11248054d1c.java)
	at
org.apache.tapestry.engine.RequestCycle.loadPage(RequestCycle.java:239)
	at
org.apache.tapestry.engine.RequestCycle.getPage(RequestCycle.java:226)
	at
org.apache.tapestry.error.ExceptionPresenterImpl.presentException(Except
ionPresenterImpl.java:42)
	... 62 more

After I commented that out I got another error for a Script:

Caused by: org.apache.tapestry.util.xml.DocumentParseException: Unable
to find resource classpath:/scripts/categoryHelper.script.
[classpath:/scripts/categoryHelper.script]
	at
org.apache.tapestry.util.xml.RuleDirectedParser.parse(RuleDirectedParser
.java:125)
	at
org.apache.tapestry.script.ScriptParser.parse(ScriptParser.java:112)
	at
org.apache.tapestry.engine.DefaultScriptSource.parse(DefaultScriptSource
.java:88)
	... 124 more

I saw a minor change in JIRA to the way scripts are found but I couldn't
see how it would relate to this in particular.

Thanks,
Ben

RE: 4.1.2 snapshot changes 4-20 to 4-30

Posted by Ben Dotte <bd...@widen.com>.
Thanks Jesse :) It's easier to work through the bugs when someone is
fixing them so rapidly!

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ben Dotte <bd...@widen.com>.
I think its finally working!