Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by ying lcs <yi...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/08 21:26:49 UTC

Need help in compiling apr-util on RedHat 4

Hi,

I am trying to compile apr-util on Red Hat 4.
I have successfully make and install apr on Red hat 4.

# cd /usr/local/apr/
[root@REDHAT3 apr]# ls
bin  build  include  lib

But when I try to run 'configure '  for  apr-util-1.2.2, It keep
saying it can't find apr.
I have tried ./configure --with-apr=/usr/local/apr/, it does not work either.

Can anyone please help me?

Thank you.

[root@REDHAT3 apr-util-1.2.2]# ./configure
checking for working mkdir -p... yes
APR-util Version: 1.2.2
checking for chosen layout... apr-util
Applying apr-util hints file rules for i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking for APR... no
configure: error: APR could not be located. Please use the --with-apr option.
[root@REDHAT3 apr-util-1.2.2]#

Re: Need help in compiling apr-util on RedHat 4

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
You can't mix apr-0.9 and apr-util-1.x.  The fact that you don't have
a build-1 directory is the dead giveaway (apr-0.9 stored it's files in
build, not build-1.)  They should coexist peacefully if you install
both apr-0.9.(recent) and apr-1.2.x in the same prefix.