Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by am am <ak...@yahoo.com> on 2010/07/18 19:11:45 UTC

cxf/http 1.1

Hi,

In the cxf supported standards, there is no mention of HTTP. Does cxf support
HTTP1.1?

Re: cxf/http 1.1

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Sunday 18 July 2010 2:58:16 pm am am wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. I am interested whether HTTP pipelining can be used
> in web services for increased performance. The HTTP1.1 rfc (8.1.2.2
> Pipelining) states that POSTS should not be pipelined but since it is only
> a "should" I would like to know if this aspect of HTTP1.1 (the ability to
> pipeline requests) is supported by web service infastructure in general
> and cxf in particular. If the server supports 1.1 and the rfc mandates to
> support pipeling, can the web service clients pipeline requests?

Both CXF and the JAX-WS RI use the HttpURLConnection that is built into the
JDK for client side requests.   Whatever behaviors and restriction that the
JDK places on that would apply to both implementations.    Also, since it's
built into the JDK, the JDK version itself may have implications on it's
behavior.     I don't know if would support POST pipelining (my bet is on no).
You would need to ask on whatever lists Oracle has dedicated to the JDK.

On the server side, it would depend on the container you use and you would
have to ask them if their container would support pipelined posts.   Again,
this is outside of CXF.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp