Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Nuno Sousa <wi...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/09 20:45:29 UTC

Questions about dataTable

Hi,

1 - How can i detect that one dataTable defined on my .xhtml page was
resized, and get his new width?

The table that can be resized through browser resize or if i expand a
node with a big description child, it also enlarges. I have to detect
this resize event and use this new table width to change the width of
another table defined on my backbean.

2 - What is the best way to hide or show a dataTable row or just
change a cell value?

The dataTable is defined at my backbean.

I'm trying to do something like this:

ListDataModel dataModel = (ListDataModel) myTable.getValue();
int rowCount = dataModel.getRowCount();

for (int i = 0; i < rowCount; i++) {
myTable.setRowIndex(i);
dataModel.getRowData();
}

The "dataModel.getRowData()" line gives me an String[] with the row
elements, but i'm not seeing a way to set a row to be rendered or not
/ set a cell value, or i need to redraw the table rows?

Any help/tips are appreciated.

Regards.

--
Ping is just a number timming is everything